Although the UK is part of the European Union (EU), you still need to carry a full British passport every time you travel to Europe. This includes day trips and travel by Eurostar. For adults this means carrying a ten-year adult passport. For more information contact the Passport Office

In the current times of uncertainty concerning the UK’s exit from the European Union, there is important information to be found here, with regards Passport requirements for UK citizens travelling to the EU after Brexit


The rules concerning visa requirements to visit European countries are varied and depend on the passport you are carrying.

There is too little space here to explore the needs of everyone, therefore it is ESSENTIAL that if you are not sure whether or not you will need a visa to join one of our trips, you contact your Embassy or Consulate to find out.

Please do not book your Package with us before you have done this as failure to meet the country entry requirements is not an acceptable reason for a refund of holiday monies.

Foreign Travel Advice

For the latest travel advice from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, including security and local laws, passport and visa information, click here

Emergency Health Issues

With a little forward planning you can protect your health when travelling and avoid unexpected medical bills

You can find general advice and information here

It can be both difficult and expensive to get health treatment in some countries. A European Health Insurance Card or EHIC can help you cover the cost of any state-provided treatment that becomes necessary while you are visiting countries in the European Economic Area, and what’s more, it’s FREE!

Your EHIC is valid throughout the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland (the EEA consists of the European Union member states plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway).

The card enables you to access reduced cost, sometimes free, state-provided healthcare that becomes necessary during your trip because of either illness or an accident. It also covers you for pre-existing conditions.

The quickest way to get your card is to apply online (apply or renew here). Your card will normally arrive within seven days. You can also apply by phone on 0845 606 2030 or by post using an application form available from most main post offices.

Travel Insurance

Many people deeply regret not taking out travel insurance. They think their credit card accident cover, home insurance, or private health cover, or even the EHIC (above) is sufficient – it isn’t.

A good travel insurance package covers so many of the risks one undertakes when travelling abroad, from missed departure, loss or theft of belongings, damage to personal property, to cancellation and curtailment (cutting short your trip).

It is folly having paid in excess of £250 for a holiday, to not find the extra few pounds that will give you peace of mind on your holiday. You can buy travel insurance at any High Street travel agent, post office or you can book it online.

Mobile Phones

Mobile phones are a convenient way to keep in touch while you are travelling, but international calls can be expensive. International roaming is the network service that that lets you use your UK phone abroad. It is usually more expensive to use than a UK-only service and is not included in most standard ‘bundle’ packages.

Before you take your phone abroad, you need to be sure you will be able to use it.

You should ask your network provider:

– Whether your phone is enabled for international roaming – if not they can set this up for you, but it can take up to three weeks and must be done before you leave the UK

– What it charges (the tariff) for international roaming services in the country or countries you will be visiting – rates can change at short notice

– Whether your handset will work in the country you are visiting – not all phones work in all countries

Travelling By Coach

The standard coach used for European travel will typically feature reclining seats, individual reading lights, tea/coffee facilities, WC/washroom, air conditioning and an entertainment facility which may include some or all of the following; TV/video, CD and or DVD player.

Clients are welcome to bring “relevant” audio or visual material to play over the system, although the decision as to suitability will rest with the coach crew.

Hot and cold soft drinks are available to purchase en route, together with a limited range of crisps and snacks. Feel free to bring biscuits, sandwiches and the like on board but greasy foods such as chips, kebabs etc will be politely refused.

Alcohol is not permitted in the travelling compartment of the vehicle (see ALCOHOL POLICY below) and all coaches are non smoking. Where possible/appropriate, comfort stops will be made.

For your comfort, seasoned travellers recommend taking a pillow and/or travel blanket for the journey. It is surprising how effective this little extra comfort is in inducing slumber through the night.


No alcohol is permitted in the travelling compartment of the coach throughout the journey.

Furthermore, any person attempting to bring alcohol on to the coach, or board the coach at any point who is considered to be in a drunken state, or under the influence of illegal substances, will be refused permission to board and Argon Events will relinquish all responsibility for said person(s)


If you have booked a coach / camping package, the rule of thumb regarding how much you can take with you is that “If you can carry it, you can take it”.

Typically you are talking, a tent(s) and rucksack plus travel bag. If in doubt contact our office.

NOTE: – all camping equipment is provided by yourself.

What you CANNOT take on board the coach is any type of pressurised gas cylinder as this is potentially dangerous in the event of an accident.

Details of camping facilities and amenities for your festival, can be found on the individual festival detail pages through the links on the Argon Events home page.