Our aim on this website is to provide quality, value for money Event Packages for your enjoyment. In presenting our products to you we endeavour to supply the information you need to satisfy both your understanding of what we offer as well as a product that meets your desires.
Our objective is to offer a user friendly, easy to navigate site fulfilling both of these needs. With this in mind, this page is designed to answer the most frequently asked questions regarding our operation over the last fifteen years. If the question you need answering is not covered here, please email your question and we’ll do our utmost to provide the information you require.
I have never placed an order on a “secure” order form before, can you reassure me that my credit/debit card details are safe?
Using a secure online booking form or shopping cart is actually safer than giving your credit card details over the telephone!!, as long of course that the order form IS secure. Our order form is administered by Secure Hosting Ltd (securehosting.com). They use industry standard internet encryption with 128 bit SSl software. They hold a digital certificate from Thawte (an established certification authority). Once a client enters the order form encryption is automatically engaged. A dedicated firewall (running on Windows firewall software and recognised by the major banks) is installed to control access to the secure server which is isolated from all other networked machines. All data (credit card numbers) once stored on the server is encrypted again. Therefore all client information is kept confidential at all times and seen by no one other than the authorised user which is of course Argon Events.
After I place my order, what happens next?
1) When your order is submitted, you will receive an email thanking you for your order. At this point your booking is not confirmed.
2) Once we have retrieved your details from the secure server, the transaction is authorised with your credit card company and a further email is sent (usually within 24 hours except at weekends) from ourselves to you confirming that your order has been successful and that an INVOICE/CONFIRMATION will be forwarded in due course.
3) All the information you placed on the booking form is then placed on our customer database and the Invoice/confirmation generated and forwarded to you.
4) On receipt of this confirmation PLEASE check that the information is correct and notice at the top of the message is your CUSTOMER REFERENCE NUMBER. This should be quoted in any subsequent communication. It is recommended that you print this document and keep it safe.
I don’t understand how this Price Band “thing” works, please explain!
Wherever possible we will undertake to collect you from your local departure town or point with the main coach. However, should demand from your area not be sufficient to route the coach your way, we will book and send to you either rail or National Express tickets to connect you from your locality to one of our main coach departure points. For example if you live in Southampton and we are unable to bring the coach to you, we will book you on to a National Express coach which will deliver you to London Victoria Bus Station. Our coach departs from London Victoria Railway Station 3 minutes up the road.
Obviously, when we have to make such travel arrangements there is an extra cost involved. Therefore we have to look carefully at the departure points we offer and consider how likely it is that we will actually be able to bring our coach(es) to you. If you find that your departure town is in price band B or C it is likely that the scenario above will occur, hence the additional cost you pay over price band A. Please note that the extra price you pay for this facility is ALWAYS cheaper than the cost to do it yourself.
When do I receive my concert or festival tickets?
1) If you have booked on one of our coach trips, tickets are ALWAYS distributed on the coach as you board.
2) If you have booked a Eurostar or ticket & hotel package, tickets, travel details (if applicable) and hotel brochures are forwarded approximately 10 days prior to the event by registered post. You will of course already be in receipt of your booking confirmation.
3) If you have booked ticket only for one of the European Festivals, again tickets are sent out prior to the event, usually about 14 days. Although you may have booked some months in advance of the event, we only receive one delivery of tickets from the Promoters, shortly before the festival owing to the costs of sending individual orders overseas.
PLEASE NOTE – We no longer post tickets outside the UK. If you are joining one of our Packages from abroad, your tickets will be available for collection at your hotel on arrival.
Do I HAVE to take out Travel Insurance?
It is not required to do so by law, but it would be extremely churlish to travel without it. Having paid good money for your trip what’s a few extra pounds for peace of mind. The irony, we find is that it’s always the ones that haven’t bothered, that have their wallets or tickets stolen, or lose luggage with no recourse to recompense whatsoever.